Sunday, October 30, 2011

I had planned on spending the winter at the beach house, to enjoy the fireplace and peace and quiet. This house has a shower while the other house has a bathtub. This house has a very good washing machine and dryer, while the other house has a top loader that isn't as good. An ad goes in Craig's List...firewood for sale.

The problem is my dog poops on the rug. Did I tell you the whole place is carpeted? After three days of cleaning up after Jack, I am throwing in the towel. It took a lot of energy to move my clothes and the contents of the kitchen to the beach house. Now I move them back. I am seriously contemplating giving up this dog. What stops me is his loyalty. He follows me everywhere and gets upset if I go out the door without him.

So, back We go. I had the land line phone transferred over . Now I must transfer it back. Some good things , though: the house on Park Circle got a good cleaning. The refrigerator looks cleaner than I've seen it in years. I have a waffle iron. I celebrate with toasted cheese sandwiches and sizzled apples all made in the iron.

The work is coming to an end. Ernesto will start stripping off the siding on the water side of the beach house, wrap the house in tyvak and reside with cedar board and batten. When the siding project is finished I will be done with repairs to this house. Hopefully, I won't have to do anything for a long long while. Even the decks will be upgraded. The Honda generator is ready to go should another flood happen. (It wouldn't dare, not this winter, would it?)

My tenant called me. The toilet is leaking. It never rains, but it pours? pouring toilet water?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost all Rain Leak Repair Los Angeles have encountered problems of a leaking roof due to heavy rains. This is the most common leaks that can cause damage to your ceiling and wall if the source of the leak where it originates will not be determined and fixed right away. Finding a leak is difficult to find. You need to check the valleys, shingles, head wall flashings, furnace, chimneys or the plumbing vent flashings. Every area of the house must be properly investigated because if the root cause of the problem is not resolved, it will bring great damage to your house. You have invested a huge amount of money and you do not want your house to fall apart just like that. Call the experts now to locate and to solve the problem for you.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home