Friday, September 23, 2011

Clean up and reconstruction continues. The refrigerator has been cleaned. I plug it in. The freezer starts to freeze, then the circuit breaker trips. The refrigerator is ruined. I will need another refrigerator. I liked this refrigerator. It was upstairs and served me well.

Two dehumidifiers are running. Each morning and evening, I empty their collection buckets. They are always full. That tells me that they are still pulling water out of the Sheetrock. I will turn them off when they start to cycle on and off, telling me that the humidity is now at a normal level. What will my electric bill be with all those machines working?

The company that ordered my Honda generator calls me. My generator has come in. Hurray! I drive into New Haven and pick up my generator. An employee shows me how to operate it. It is quiet and simple. I love my generator all ready and I've never used it. (It is a twin to the one that the Fire Department loaned to me.)

My windows are covered with dried salt water. The film has to be removed. My search for a company to do this has come to a dead end. Do I have to call the company that left a flyer in my mail box? Are they fly-by-night? Are they any good? The only way to find out is to call them.

I am moving into this house for the winter, to enjoy my fireplace. Arrangements have been made to transfer my phone line. Every time I go to Melba Street, I take something with me....to empty the refrigerator, to bring over winter clothes.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie O. said...

It really sounds like a huge mess. I hope you will be safe and dry there over the winter. XX

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Serge said...

Since you got your generator from Honda, you would be able to enjoy the quality which this brand provides.

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home