Sunday, April 06, 2008

Her name is changed from Gidget to Lily because it fits her better. Perhaps her name should be tux because she wears a tuxedo. She is a mostly black rat terrier. She has the terrier personality: bright, alert and sassy. She is also a mush bucket. Lily likes to be held.
How did she get lost? How did she end up at the SPCA? Even the staff could not tell me where she came from. They did say that they got a batch of dogs shipped in from Porto Rico. Perhaps she was one from the batch.
Lily once had a family. I could see that she was familiar with riding in a truck, living in a house. She is neat. She doesn't mess in her cage, nor in the house. She tells me she has to pee by going to the door and barking. I did not teach her that. Her first family must have.
Lily likes to sit on the couch, at the top of the back so she can look out the window. She likes to sit where I sat, because it took her a nano second to become attached to me. Lily knows what people food is. She barks at me if I am eating. Lily is saying, "I know what you're eating. Hand it over. Hand it over now."
She likes to sleep on my bed. She follows me every where. If I leave her home, my painter , working in the house at the time, reports that she barks at the door. When she realizes it won't do any good, she goes to her cage and stays there until I come home. The cage door is open so that she can come and go as she pleases during the day. At night she sleeps in it with the door closed. In this way, I don't have to clean up a mess in the morning.
Best of all, in the evening , when I am watching television or knitting, Lily jumps up on my lap and stays there as long as I let her. Lily is a lap dog. Imagine that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home