Friday, March 14, 2008

Heather answered my ad for metal kitchen cabinets. She and her family have sold their house. The new owner did not want the cabinets. Spence and I drove up to Middletown and bought them on the spot. They're not Youngstown brand, but when all are painted the same color, who cares. The cabinets are now sitting on the kitchen floor. I think I shall have them installed to check that they fit right. Then they come down to be taken to the same auto body shop that restored the sink base.
Heather's cabinets are wall hung only. I have to find base cabinets. If I can't find base cabinets on line, I have decided to wait until St. Charles Kitchens gets geared up for production. I will buy new cabinets.
This still leaves under counter lighting and counter top to be purchased. This is my first experience with renovating an old kitchen. I think I am doing fine. The floor is just the right color. The decision to stay with metal cabinets is also a good decision. There are beautiful wood cabinets all over the place, but they are not for me. I am way under budget because I am installing used cabinets. The chase for cabinets continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home