Sunday, March 11, 2007

At last the day has come to prepare for my trip to Buffalo New York. I may even get a break on the weather. No heavy snows are forecasted.
It is amazing how many details have to be attended to before I walk out the door. Make arrangements for the dog. Call ahead for reservations. Stop the mail. Take out the trash. Take the jacket to the tailors to get the sleeves shortened. Water the plants and hope they can make it without me for a week.
What shall I pack? A few items of clothes used to do it, but not any more. I have some things that I want to give to my daughter. Mustn't forget them. They go in the suitcase. She would also appreciate the left over paper goods from our summer picnic. I never use them when I can use my own dishes. Paper goods go in the truck. The truck has been in the garage for a regularly scheduled maintenance visit. It is in fine shape. Stephen says He will put the weights in the back of the truck so I get better traction on icy roads. I hope the roads are clear.
Money! Must get to the bank for travel money and a hostess gift for my friend in Syracuse and for my cousin in Buffalo. Short shopping trip is planned.
S.F. friend is bringing real S.F. sourdough. My part of this project is to bring good seafood bisque or lobster bisque...in cans, of course. Canned soup goes on the shopping list.
A side trip to Canada is also planned. Passport goes in the suitcase along with my cell phone, camera, and camcorder. Don't forget the address book and map. Dog needs a water bowl for the trip and collar and leash. Make a mental note. Vitamin caddy goes into the suitcase along with some over the counter meds...just in case.
My suitcase is jammed full and I don't have any clothes in it. Thank goodness for the second suitcase.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melanie O. said...

Have a wonderful time on your trip!

Please email me if you can. xoxox

10:09 PM  
Blogger gardenbug said...

Everything went wrong...weather..got lost on interstates, Harval's cancer, lost days to pick up Colin in Erie. I don't think I will go back to Buffalo for a while. Next trip will be to go to a funeral.

7:29 PM  
Blogger gardenbug said...

Everything went wrong...weather..got lost on interstates, Harval's cancer, lost days to pick up Colin in Erie. I don't think I will go back to Buffalo for a while. Next trip will be to go to a funeral.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home