Sunday, February 11, 2007

Buffalo and Erie County is still in the news because of record snow levels. I love lots of snow. I love it when it acts like an insulator and I have a feeling of warmth in the cold. I love it when the snow is a sound insulator. The world is quiet in the snow. All I hear is crunch of footsteps or kisses from the wind. It is so beautiful. Snow sparkles in the moonlight or under the streetlamp. Most people don't venture out in bad weather, so I do. I have the world to myself. In snow, people don't socialize. You are left with your thoughts. Heavenly. I can walk in the road...the only plowed space. I am alone, just me in the cold dark space. The air feels clean in my lungs...so much better than indoor, heated air.

The television says that the area has over 10 feet of snow and it is still snowing. Let's see: one story is eight feet, so the average snow level is now at the second story of houses. Drifts are even higher. When people clear their sidewalks and driveways, they have to pile the snow up someplace...usually on their lawn. How high can snowbanks go? Pretty darn high.

I am supposed to drive to Buffalo. I cancelled my trip. Darn. I love the snow, but realistically, my truck may fishtail on the road, even with the extra weights that Don put in the bed of my truck. There are reports of cars going off the side of the road, because the driver couldn't see the side of the road. Some people have died...shoveling, or freezing, or because they couldn't get medical care fast enough. Everything slows down in the snow. I guess I have to slow down, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home