Thursday, October 20, 2005

What a busy day. Moved some fragile stuff in the truck. Got a call from a young lady who saw my ad on Craig's List for the Queen size bed from the in-law apartment. I think I sold the bed. One down.
Then the setbacks: the man who cuts my lawn and promised to do some work in my garden for me, did not show up. Strike one. I called the financial advisor of the people who are buying my house. He tells me the people He represents, have no down payment. They are trying to borrow the entire amount to purchase the house. I suspect this one will not go through. Strike two. The across the street neighbor called to arrange another showing of the house they hope to rent from me. His room mate wants a walk through. No problem. Then C. says He wants to stay in the in-law apartment. Red flag. I showed him the apartment when it had been raining for 7 days straight. There was water on the floor. I was up front to say I would not put anything in those rooms except outdoor lawn furniture because it gets wet down there. He wasn't fazed by this at all. In fact, C. said that he wanted that part of the house for his quarters. From my experience with this house, I know that his personal affects will be ruined by the humidity in the summer. This is one of the trade offs from living on the beach, well, across the street from the beach. I like C. He is a nice young man. I would feel awful if his things get ruined in my house. This situation might be a deal breaker. Strike three.
Some good things did happen. At the Park Circle house, my neighbor came across the street. We ended up going out for brunch. Next chore was to go to the Derby Turnpike house and pull a trailer out of the ground cover. It is not good enough for a restoration, but to leave it there would be a trip hazard. B. came in the car with me. Together We pulled the trailer out and transported it to Park Circle. Junk can be so interesting.
D. called me from Fort Lauderdale. I was trying to get in touch with her to lend her emotional support because of the hurricane. She returned my call. D. has back pain, is scheduled to be hospitalized for a back treatment...right in the middle of the time the hurricane is expected to hit Ft. Lauderdale. She goes through this every year....the hurricane season, I mean. Poor lady. D. is my oldest friend. We've been friends since I was 4 and D. was 3 years old. We lost touch for a while, so it is wonderful that We are back in touch. Her brother, R, has rented her apartment, so she has family near by. R . is an excellent cook. D. told me that R. was making a roast beef and yorkshire pudding dinner for them. I told D. I had just finished a Hungry Man TV dinner and I was jealous of their dinner. Love to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home