Sunday, September 25, 2005

I love to paint pictures. I am not a real artist, meaning, producing fine art. What I like to do is to paint pretty landscapes. The joy of painting is editing out the ugly: billboards, garbage in the streets, overhead wires....that sort of thing. Delight is found in color , line and form. Satisfaction is found in translating what the eye sees into something caught on paper or canvas.
Fall is a wonderful time to paint. I've been trying to get away in October for years, but something all ways happens to present me from getting away. I figured it out. September and October is the end of summer. It is the start of the winter season and people get back to business. They make appointments, write letters, make phone calls. I get called.
I am retired. Surely, I can get into the forest to paint fall foliage. Just go, I tell myself. So, I made a reservation for a bed and breakfast for one week , next week, for a painting trip, just for myself, in the middle of New Hampshire. The foliage should be spectacular. I'm taking Rascal. The B&B said it was OK to bring a dog, if she was not a barker. I said she was quiet. I lied.But Rascal will be with me out in the landscape, not in the B&B room. Most of her vacation will be in the truck.
My suitcase is out again. I am making mental lists of what to pack. Guess what came in the mail yesterday?
A snafu to my painting trip. Never fails. Probate Court has scheduled me for an appearance for October 4 at 11:30 in the morning. I think I shall ask my attorney to represent me this time. As word of explaination: My mother died in April 1999. Her estate is still not settled because a member of the family has decided to take all assets or the lawyers will get everything....a direct quote from family member. So, probate is tied up and has been for years. The probate mess is the worst experience of my life because it represents betrayal by someone I loved and trusted, someone who should have been my best friend. I was shocked to discover the depth of agression and hate in this person, because I have searched my soul and can't find a reason for treating me this way. Regretfully, I have had to let this person go, because to try to keep her in my life is toxic. So, the lawyer goes to the meeting where nothing shall be accomplished except generating another bill and I go with heavy heart on my painting trip with dog. While painting, I hope I can forget for a while, what is happening at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home