Thursday, December 01, 2011

One of the first things to do after returning home from a trip is to check the answering machine. I was shocked and saddened to learn that my next door neighbor, Butch, had passed. He was my age...a month younger. The funeral was held while I was away, preventing me from attending. It happened very quickly, so it was a blessing for him. However, it should have happened when He was 99 years of age. There were projects He was looking forward to completing. God did not give him enough time to complete those projects. Some people bring their own sunshine with them. Butch was one of those people.
...more later on this very nice neighbor.
Second message on the answering machine was my tenant's mother had passed. I knew she was ill, but again, this was a very fast passing.
Those readers with a dominant left side of the brain can say of course this happens. It is only demographics. It is the age of that generation. Expect it. My neighborhood has many retirees living here. Expect them to pass. It is on the agenda.
Those with a dominant right side of the brain, feel the loss and emptiness that remains. There is a loss in the fabric of my reality. People are missing. I am not used to this. There was no warning....no time to mentally and emotionally prepare. I am adrift.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home