Thursday, May 08, 2008

Stephen was supposed to come with me to visit his aunt and uncle. He didn't. I went alone, with Lily for company. While there, I purchased more cabinets for my kitchen project. My son-in-law put an ad in a local paper. Ruth answered the ad. The kitchen now has all the upper cabinets and one base cabinet. All that is left to purchase, are more base cabinets. If no one answers the ad, than I will wait and purchase new metal base cabinets from St. Charles company...as soon as their production process is up and running.
Beth and I bought a ton of groceries. We planted flowers together in her flower bed. The short vacation went by too quickly.
The cost of traveling is very soon reaching a point where people will chose to stay home. Just gas and thruway tolls totaled $100. Add to that, take out food on the way, money spent for the cabinets, taking the family out to dinner. My truck gets nearly 27 miles to the gallon. How do people driving gas guzzlers get around? They park it. I think my family will do the same thing. Bet they don't visit me this summer. We will keep in touch via letters and phone calls.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie O. said...

That's great news about finding the cabinets! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the other base cabinets show up.

Too bad Stephen missed out on the trip. Maybe next time.

4:33 AM  
Blogger gardenbug said...

Stephen did not give me a reason why He missed the trip...a trip that was set up especially so He and His uncle could go to dinner together. There was no phone call before or after the trip. I think that Stephen needs help...especially to stay away from the drug infested family his girlfriend belongs to.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home