Saturday, October 18, 2008

Spence took me out to a play this evening. It was local talent at our local art house. The production wasn't NYC Broadway, but it was pretty interesting. We went with Doug and Janice...good company.
After the play, Spence asked Doug and Janice if they wanted to come with us to get something to eat. They declined, so Spence and I are preparing to go to the diner by ourselves. Doug and Janice take off in Doug's truck. Now, We are all alone.
Spence has a big van. After Doug left, the van gave us trouble.
The burglar alarm started and would not let us start the car. Spence tried many different ways, but We could not keep the van running.
Spence never locks his van. Since We were in public parking, He locked it for the first time. When We returned to the van, after the play, He unlocked the passenger door to let me in. I, in turn, reached over and unlocked the driver's side door for Spence. Boy was that a big mistake.
Imagine being stuck in a parking lot, every one has gone home and your horn won't shut up. Spence tried every button on his key ring. The Van kept beeping.
Then, I realized I had opened his door manually. Spence got out. He locked everything with the tab on his key ring. I did not open anything manually. He pressed the fob to deactive the alarm and it worked!
We went to the diner . The only noise in the air was our conversation. The horn was silent. At the diner, Spence said,"This time, I am not locking the doors." He didn't.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie O. said...

I hate car alarms and I think people tune them out after a while. Get a club lock - much better (and quieter.)

4:15 AM  
Blogger gardenbug said...

Spence doesn't like them, either. He lives in a little beach house. He doesn't lock the doors. People come and go in the house when Spence isn't there...like his cleaning lady. I've done it a few times myself, when I had to leave a note for him, or a book We are sharing. He lost the front door key and never replaced it. The van came with the alarm system. The system has been a mystery to Spence ever since.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home