Thursday, October 11, 2007

Chris is off to a staff meeting. He took my truck...probably the last time He will need it. When He comes back from the meeting, He will pick up his own vehicle...a Volkswagen Jetta. Chris is pretty excited about picking up his new (to him) car...and his new job. He has made the leap from jobs that merely paid the bills...working in the mall, making sandwiches or selling gadgets. He now has a career in the insurance business.
I retired from the Loss Control Department of a large insurance company. If you told me before I started that job, that it would be my best job and that I would love it, I would have said that you are nuts. Insurance is dry as dust. This is not true. I worked with the most professional people I have ever worked with. ..compared to my other working experiences in education and social services I never knew how much bull shit I was putting up with in education, until I got out in the business world. They're efficient and effective. There is no time for b.s.
Anyways, Chris is excited about his new job. He is studying to pass the state test. He has a new wardrobe. No more jeans and tee shirts to work. Best of all, He gets a decent wage.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

Excellent. I'm glad that things are looking up for Chris. I knew he would do well. I am proud of him. He has come a long way. I hope to hear more about his progress in the future.

10:45 PM  
Blogger gardenbug said...

Today, Chris will pick up his Volkswagen Jetta. He is so excited to get wheels again..freedom and mobility!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Melanie O. said...

Interesting that you mention about B.S. in the workplace. I often think it's the ability to BS and "who you know" that allows people to advance in the business world. I hate that it's that way, but I also love jobs where you can get by on merit, versus the ability to BS. I hope Chris does well. And if he develops the ability to BS a bit in the workplace, that probably won't hurt, either.

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home