Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It's election day and I voted the first thing in the morning. Now those irritating political ads will cease...because it's election day. Our governor is doing a good job, so I voted for her. I hope she gets a second term. I voted for a few people that are local. They're running on the state level. I know them and I know they will do a good job.
However, about the federal elections: the power grab and the inhumanity associated with PACS funding our legislators just turns my stomach. Our elected officials are hypocrites beholden to the PACS and not to the people in their district. (PACS are political action committees). I voted all green party on the federal level. My candidates may not get in, but at least my votes are part of a statistical picture. The environment and environmental issues count. I'm thinking of changing my registration from Republican to the Green Party. The only drawback is I won't be able to vote in Republican primaries. Is this better? Or worse?

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie O. said...

I've heard from a few people who also said that they voted Green party in protest of paid-off candidates (let's face it, that's what they are.)

7:09 PM  
Blogger gardenbug said...

I think the Green party members are ahead of the curve. Some day, they will be dominant...when the world's eco system is so polluted that there is no way that the business world can ignore the damage they are doing with manufacturing processes, auto exhaust...and people will finally accept that We have to control our numbers. The earth can not support 9 billion people. Actually, it can, if you want to live in a degraded state.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home