Sunday, February 26, 2006

Bob got his new truck. It's a Dodge Caravan...a big van that can carry long fishing poles and lots of "stuff". Bob is always surrounded with "stuff". His little Nissen truck got totaled. When He provided documents to his insurance carrier that he had the engine rebuilt not a month before, they gave him $2,000 for the truck. Neighbor looked through the " for sale" ads and found the van. I drove him to the address He had written down. We arrive at a lovely meticulous house overlooking the harbor. What a beautiful view they have.
The van is as meticulous as the house and grounds. Neighbor test drives it and likes the way it handles, likes its response. The sellers had reduced the price to $3,000. They sell it to my neighbor for $2,500. What a bargain!
I am so glad that He got a nice set of wheels. I point out to him that because the van is enclosed, unlike his truck, all of the gear that he stows away, is protected from the weather and from someone helping themselves to his fishing gear. It won't get the good gas mileage as the truck, but mostly He drives around town...short trips. I think that providence has blessed my 85 year old neighbor....and He promises not to drive at night any more.
I compared the $12,000 I paid for my truck to Bob's van: It doesn't look nearly as nice as his.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home