Sunday, November 20, 2005

I am a fan of Andy Rooney of 60 Minutes fame. I like it that He bypasses social politeness and says what a lot of people are too polite to say for themselves. I like it that He was a World War 2 veteran. They're my heros. I like it that Andy lives in my State. When I drive through his town, I wonder which house is his? They are all lovely. He is such a curmugeon.
The paper said that Andy Rooney would be speaking at a book signing in a town that is a short commute from my home town. I have to go and buy the book. Perhaps I can meet him and get his autograph. The talk He gave was similar to his essays on the television: direct and honest.
I bought the book and stood in line to get it autographed. He is signing book after book without looking up, but for some reason, when I reach the front of the line, He looks at me.
I said,"Hello, Mr. Rooney. My grandson, Anthony, has ambitions to be a writer. I am buying your book as a gift for him."
Mr. Rooney's answer was,"I don't care."
He is right in character.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie O. said...

Oh my goodness...that is too funny!!!!

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home