Monday, November 14, 2005

A. is now settled in his new room. He's gone through the mall, bought the underwear he needed, made a medical appointment, contacted his brother. We buy groceries and A. eats them. He was way too thin. I like to see A. eat healthy foods. A. is working on staying healthy.
He helps me with things. It is really nice to have a grandson around...and a handsome one, too.
Since I am moving, A. helps move boxes. What a chore! Drive to Melba. Walk up stairs. Grab box. Walk down stairs. Over and over until the truck is filled. Then, drive to Park C. Open truck tailgate. Get box. Walk it inside and up the stairs. Walk down stairs. Get another box. Four trips up and down stairs for each box. I am drowning in boxes of stuff, combining 3 households into one. I have too many beds, dishes, microwaves, glasses. Things that will be sold or discarded, are sorted and put in the garage. Stuff that I might want to use later, or a grandson might want to have when setting up his own apartment, goes into the basement. I have way too many books, records, audio recordings, videos, sheet music. But I want all of it. Maybe I could let some books go....after I've skimmed them again.
Tomorrow, the proceedure repeats until the Melba St. house is empty. We wait for S. to have some free time to move the big stuff...like the couch with a day bed in it...and the entertainment center. I disconnected all the wires and took the components apart. Hope I can reconnect all those speakers, DVD player, tape deck, turn table, tape player correctly.
On the day of the "official" move, I had the phone company disconnect my phone on Melba Street and connect it on Park Circle. Since I am in the same town, I keep the same phone number. Friends find me where ever I am.
Moving day: both phones are dead. At the neighbor's house, I phone the phone company. They activated the phone lines on Park Circle, they say. I say the phone isn't working. I need a repair man. Wait of 3 days without a phone or use of my computer. Repair man arrives. Nice man. It seems the last time I moved out of this house, the phone technician disconnected some wires. Problem fixed. I have working phones and use of my computer to go on line.
Nope, not fixed yet.
The computer can go on line. All the phones can dial out, except for the splitter line for the computer and a companion answering machine and telephone. It seems the phone is dead . Double check all the connections. Can't find a problem. Perhaps I am asking one telephone jack to support too many appliances. The phone and answering machine are disconnected. I have no other place to plug them in at the moment. So if you call to leave me a message, I have no answering machine working to take your call. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home