Saturday, April 13, 2013

Opinion

So, nobody listens to me.  So, I am expressing my opinion here.  You don't have to agree, but I have to write it. 

First opinion is on Marriage:   There is a lot of controversy about gay marriage.  It is my opinion that hundreds of years of precedence has written a definition of marriage.  It is no surprise that it is a sacred and legal contract between a man and a woman.  To me, this is set in stone.

I think the supreme court was wrong when they ruled that gay people are denied a right to get married.  Any man or any woman can marry a person of the opposite sex. Gay people choose NOT to do this.   That is their choice.  Their right to do so  is still intact.

That still leaves gay people very frustrated, so I propose We set up another category.  Call it what you will. It allows gay people to get married to their same sex.  They have all the responsibilities and privileges of marriage, but in a separate category.    We'll get used to this, after a while.

Second opinion is on guns;   The State Of Connecticut has got it wrong .  They tightened a lot of regulations on purchasing a gun and on buying ammunition.   We have a second amendment  that guarantees our right to have a gun.  That amendment was not written so We can go hunting deer.  It was written so We can protect our self from our government.   What good is a shotgun when the government is going after me?  They (the government)   can use an atomic bomb, flame throwers, lethal viruses,  drones.   If I am to protect myself from the government, it stands to reason I should have the right to also own an atomic bomb, flame thrower, lethal virus and drones....not that I plan of doing that.  I'm just saying.....

What the State Of Connecticut should have done is to dramatically improve our mental health system.  People with mental illnesses need a lot of personal care.  We need research on medications and support services.    You can take away all the guns in Connecticut.  New Town would still have happened.....because the killer was mentally ill and did not receive the treatment He needed.  Of course, this new and improved mental health system will cost money.  It is cheaper to attack gun ownership.  I feel We have done nothing but act foolish....an avoidance to face the problem directly.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home