Sunday, August 29, 2010

Good things happened to this family in August. Chris , with a lot of courage, quit his job to relocate to Raleigh North Carolina. This is where the lady He loves lives. He grew up there, so He knows the city and suburbs. His old boss asked him to continue work as a consultant from Raleigh, so there was no interruption in paychecks. With a phone line and a computer, Chris continued working for his old boss. That is the first miracle. The second miracle is the job He wanted came through....with training free included....that He was willing to pay tuition for. The third miracle is that Tara agreed to marry Chris.

The Fourth miracle is that Stephen now has a job. He works as an auto mechanic, but lost his job because He lost his license from driving under the influence. He will never do that again, he says and I know it is true. He found a job that doesn't require Him to have his driver's license and He is still peripherally in his field. He continues to work towards regaining his license and various trade certifications. My grandson has reached a new level of maturity. I am proud of him and his brother.

The fifth miracle isn't really a miracle. It is merely tasks accomplished that I can cross off the "to do" list. My mother's probate is finished. ....long story....I will save that one for later.

Also finished: the repairs to the garage roof, garage wall and floor, driveway, replacement sidewalk and repaired lawn. Yesterday I went to Windowrama to look at patio doors. The next project is to replace all three patio doors at my house. I will pay for them for what I got out of my mother's estate. It seems I am always repairing or replacing parts of my houses. Perhaps I will be doing this the rest of my life. It gives me something to do as long as I don't run out of money to do these projects and a feeling of accomplishment. However, I do want this list to be done and then be free to do other things.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home