Sunday, August 13, 2006

The hot weather is abating, thank goodness. Now I can attack all those chores that were put aside because it was too hot to work.

One of the big chores, is to clean up the landscaping at the house I'm selling. The Real Estate agent said I need to clear out the brush, so that the house has curb appeal. I am to make it look attractive. There is no problem with the inside of this house. I've been working on it for years. It is so pretty inside, I seriously considered moving in myself, when the last tenant left.

As for the outside: There was a lot of brush growth this summer, what with all the rain and heat we had. My! The stuff grew fast. Time to cut it all down and compost it. The job is really too big for me to handle alone.

Stephen helps with spreading crushed stone to renew the driveway and the walks to the doors. That was a crusher project...shoveling stone in high heat and humidity. Stephen can use the extra cash and I can use the help. Over three days, We spread the stone, leveling it...sort of.

I try to hire a landscaper to cut the brush, but all of them have all they can do to mow lawns for their regular customers. My neighbor said that his son might be interested in this project. Bob gets hired to cut down brush. Arrangements are made. I have to pick Bob up, as He has no car.
The truck is filled with an assortment of tools to attack the project...weed wacker, hand tools, rakes, clippers, pruning saw...

Bob doesn't have work gloves and mine won't fit his hands. I buy him work gloves. It is also my responsibility to keep Bob supplied with soda...and lunch. Wouldn't it be simpler to just hire a landscaper? Oh, I forgot. Can't get one.

It actually was a satisfying experience, working together to clean up the front yard. Bob did the muscle part. I did the weed wacking part. It is taking three sessions to bring order out of chaos, but We did it. Next step is to call the newspaper and place an ad for the open house. This will also give my muscles time to heal. Every thing aches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home