Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Today was a day without appointments, so errands got top priority. The pots from plants, after the plants were planted in my garden, went back to the nursery. Unfortunately, while at the nursery, I saw more plants I wanted. It is the end of the spring planting season, so plants, a little overgrown and root bound, were on sale. I purchased all the red geraniums that were left...and a flat of marigolds. I know they will bloom all the way to frost. The perennials bloom and then become a green background. Annuals are good for filling in color. Now I have more empty pots to recycle.
Colin called with an idea for a blog. I hope He sets one up, as We are both struggeling with the same difficult relationship. Surely there are others in cyberland that can relate to difficult relatives. Let's see how others respond.
People leave the nicest things out for trash collection. I picked up a wagon at curbside...the type used by nurseries to help people maneuver heavy nursery stock. It was mine for the taking. I took it. ..then started painting the wagon part. A second coat goes on tomorrow, if it doesn't rain.
Also curbside was an outdoor grill with a cover. Why would someone throw it away? I was tempted, but hesitated because it might be discarded because of a dangerous connection. Never fool around with propane...hope I didn't make a mistake, but I left it there. Come to think of it, that same neighbor threw out a computer desk and chair last week. Divorce in the family? Don't know.
Tina, my tenant and next door neighbor, asked if she could dig out a daisy plant. The neighbor on the other side wanted daisies and this one was in the wrong place. It was growing over her glads. Of course We dug it up for Karen. Karen likes daisies.
So did Sgt. Bobbie Johnson. He always gave me daisies...the symbolic flower of a prisoner of war. (Poppies are symbols of veterans ) Bobbie was a POW and my hero.
My mom also gave away daisy seed packets to me and to my aunts. Now mom is gone. Her daisies still bloom, reminding my aunt of her sister. Daisies make me smile. No serious topics tonight. Just musing......

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elle,

Remember how we both learned the hard way (you, E-Bay; me, sharing tour cards with tourists)? Did everything wrong since no one shared the "do's & don'ts"? Would you share the "do's & don'ts" with the new blog. Thanks for the 'nudge' to blog the counselor drama. (I may wait till after the Mercury retrograde - mid-July.)

7:36 PM  
Blogger gardenbug said...

Hello friend. I am always happy to share anything I know...but don't consider myself an expert in anything. What I do know about blogging is it is an empowering tool...will take you in any direction. Reading other people's blogs: some are funny and entertaining, some are personal and reflective, some are commercial, some are a forum for people sharing technical information, some are poetry and art, others are political commentary. Some people like my daughter, add visual interest with photos, drawings, background patterns. Some blogs have videos. I saw a blog that was selling the artist's art work...and good stuff, too. I saw a blog written by a train hobbyist that drew comment from other people that love trains. The good part is if you write controversial stuff, you can remain anonymous...(I looked the spelling of that word up in the dictionary.) Anyways, the "sheeple" can't get at you, no matter how mad they get. ..cause they can't find you!!! hugs from the gardenbug

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home