Monday, April 24, 2006

I did not think I would see Beth, Don and the boys until our family reunion in September. Nothing happens by chance. A good friend in Syracuse, e-mailed me that she fainted at work. It seems she has a tumor on the brain, hopefully it isn't cancer.....just something that has to come out. I volunteered to stay with her as she recooperates at home. She wants to go to a cousin's wedding on May 17th. One of the nice things about being retired, is that I am available at a moment's notice to come to the aid of a friend....that should be capital 'F". Judy is a member of Syracuse Friends Meeting. Some people call us Quakers. I will stay with my friend as she heals. Judy e-mails me a long list of activities she wants to do with me . The list is long for an able bodied person, let alone a person recovering from brain surgery. No one holds my friend down, not even an uninvited tumor. I hope I have enough energy to keep up with her, up to the time she leaves for Ohio for her cousin's wedding.

Judy has asked me to return to live in Syracuse. She's the third friend that asked me to return. I am humbled that at least three people like me enough to want to see more of me. The price of houses in Syracuse is lower than in Milford. I could pocket the difference after I sold my house here. (hmmmmmm)

Getting ready to drive up means calling Beth . Yes, she will dog sit Rascal. Yes, I should bring the aerobed. I make a mental list to bring the spices I put aside for her, and her letters that I am returning. It's a small effort to get some organization in the house. Melanie's letters will be given to her when she arrives in September. I have to have a meeting with Andy so he can manage the house while I am gone.

Then in June, I will be returning to Syracuse for Robert's graduation. Hurray for Robert. He is a straight A student , poor as the church mouse, so therefore has won a full scholarship to Rochester Tech. Robert has a good future ahead of him. He's a typical engineer. I asked him what he would like for a graduation present. He can't decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home