Friday, August 14, 2009

The deck is done. The fence is all most done. We are waiting for the fence people to put up the gates. When that is done, my dog can run around the back yard and I will know she is safe from traffic. She can keep the squirrels out of the peach tree. She can sniff the mouse trails. She can exercise without a leash. I hope to complete both projects before fall.

Time for a break: I am driving to see my daughter. Talking to her on the phone, I hear discouragement. They have car trouble. How can that be a problem when there is a mechanic in the family? Stephen said He will come with me. Daughter is much relieved. We have to pack the back of the truck with Stephen's tools. Don gives us a list of the parts the car needs. We will bring them with us. Stephen gets a mechanic's discount. It pays to buy the gaskets here.

Don has painted their bathroom. (It really needed it.) Beth has taken down all her shelves and decorations. Can she "borrow" some decorator things I have? They are in storage. It is better that those things get used than sit in storage. I get a list of items Beth thinks would look good in the newly painted bathroom. I also volunteered some other things that go with her request. Beth is going to have an woodsy bathroom...like an outhouse. She gets the plaque that says,"bear bottoms welcome here" (bears in the woods) I find a little carving of a raccoon. It goes in the truck along with a toilet paper holder that looks like a bear and a photograph of Adirondack chairs. I joke with my daughter and tell her to cut a hole in the bathroom door that looks like a half moon. All those things are packed in the back of the truck along with two Aerobeds for Stephen and me....sheets, pillows, blankets.

While rummaging through storage, I find a gallon and a half of a good neutral color paint that I never used. It is a low VOC paint. It goes in the truck. There are other rooms to be painted.

We have one day to pack and get out of here. I fill out the forms so the post office can hold the mail until We return. The fence people are called. They can't put up the gates until We return. My neighbor knows We are going. She will look out for the house. Stripped the beds. Did a load of laundry. Got out the suitcases.

Stephen has some things to do before We leave. We have to go to the parts store and to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles. He has to pack his suitcase.

Before I walk out the door, the trash goes out. Somethings in the refrigerator have to be transferred to the freezer. Turn down the hot water tank to "vacation" position. Pull plugs on most electronics.

Lily is coming with us. Don't forget the dog...and dog food , leash and water.

Must not forget some CDs to enjoy on the drive and my address book with phone numbers and water to drink for the two of us.

Much to do before I can get out the door.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Frances said...

Experts from AllProFleetPainting would advise you that you could get to save more money if you opt to give your car a second chance after a fresh repaint and have it checked for repairs for it to appear and functions like it's brand new.

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home