Friday, July 10, 2009

In complete frustration, I called the 888 number listed on the website of my local TV station....the station I can no longer get on my old analog TV set. After some time, the government man showed up at my door. He was a nice man, polite. His purpose was to help me set up my converter box. I all ready did that. He did tests with his antenna...stuck it out my window. Nothing improved the reception. I have a case of righteous indignation. I want my major networks and local programming and I am not going to sign up for cable. I hate the cable people. ...heard too many stories about their "service no service department".

The man's name was Stephen. I told him that there was an antenna in the attic, but it wasn't hooked up to any TV in the house. Would it be possible to use it? Stephen went into the attic and traced the line. The electrician had cut the old line to the antenna, but He had run some good cable. We could use that. Stephen said I should get a power assisted new antenna as Connecticut doesn't get good TV reception. I should get an antenna that drew in programs from as far away as 150 miles.

I suggested that I also get a rotary, as it may be necessary to turn the antenna to catch certain programs. Stephen said that was a good idea.

So, I've ordered a new antenna with power boost and a rotary to be installed in the attic and connected to one TV upstairs and the one in the living room. That should do it I shall pay for this expense and be done with it. and...no monthly bills to the cable company.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home